Wednesday 9 May 2012

Wet Weekend

Well, with the bank holiday weather being so completely hopeless we haven't managed to go very far or do very much. As a result I have got a whole lot of knitting done. There's one item I'll save to show you on Friday but besides that I have a couple of WIP's to show you. My Azzu's shawl is growing -



and I have also managed a few rounds of the Sabine cardigan that's been a bit neglected of late.




This week I finished reading Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton, an incredible book. I wasn't too sure about it initially because of the perspective it's told from but by the end I had laughed and cried, which is what a good story is all about right? I've now begun reading The Woman Before Me by Ruth Dugdall, it's a fascinating story which I'm really enjoying.



You can find more WIP's and Yarn Alongs at Tami's and Ginny's.


5 comments:

  1. I am excited to see the finished knits, the blue yarn is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful yarn. Can't wait to see your finished project. Love the kindle or reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarns you are using are so beautiful! I am curious, what is a bank holiday? Not something we celebrate in the states.
    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks x. A bank holiday is just a one-day holiday, they're on a Monday when there's an 'occasion', we just had one for May Day, the next one will be in June for Spring. I guess it got its name because the banks close :)

      Delete
  4. love that blue yarn :) So light airy and deeply blue :)

    ReplyDelete